Want a quick and easy summer dinner recipe to use up some of the vegetable odds and ends that have accumulated in your fridge? Then this recipe is for you! You really can add in any veggies in your fridge and it will still taste delicious! Not a fan of Feta cheese? Try substituting crumbled goat cheese or shredded cheddar cheese!
- 1 box (1 lb) of pasta – I prefer Rotini
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4-6 oz. of Feta cheese
- 1/2 of a small onion (red or white) or 1/4 of a large onion
- VEGETABLES! I have made this pasta with kale, basil leaves, spinach, summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, green beans, and much more! Anything you have, you can try adding it in! Just chop them up into small pieces or 1/2″ cubes first!
- Optional spices: red pepper flakes (adds a little heat), oregano, rosemary
- Boil a pot of water and get your pasta cooking
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan
- Start by sauteing the chopped garlic and onion on low heat
- Once they are soft, add in your bigger, firmer veggies (things like green beans, zucchini, summer squash, and carrots)
- When those veggies are nearly soft, add in your greens – they won’t need to cook long. If you are using kale or other big leaves, shred them into little pieces first.
- Add in any spices, finish the sauteing and mix the veggies in with pasta.
- Add your cheese, and tomato raw if you are using
- Serve and enjoy!
Optional: If you really want meat with this meal, try adding some chicken sausage to the veggies when you are sauteing them!