Whether you’re making a smoothie for breakfast, a midday snack, or an after dinner dessert, they are always a wonderful way to get some added fruit and dairy into your diet! Try using different combos of fruit, substitute yogurt for milk, or even add in kale!
This is a great easy snack that you can make quickly. You can also mix up the ingredients by adding different fruits or different flavors of yogurt to add variety!
- 1 cup of chopped apples
- a cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 cup of lowfat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of granola
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Use a clear glass and begin by making a layer of one of the fruits
- Add a layer of a 2nd fruit
- Add a layer of yogurt
- Add a layer of granola
- Add a layer of your 3rd fruit
- Top with raisins
Or… be creative and layer your parfait however you’d like!
Smoothies make a great addition to a breakfast or can be eaten as a healthy snack on a hot summer’s day! Make a big pitcher of this smoothie to share around with the whole family or keep some on hand in the fridge.
- 2 cups of apple or orange juice
- 1 cup low fat or non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 small (or 1 large) ripe banana
- 1 cup of berries (you choose the type!) fresh or frozen
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend for at least 20 seconds or until the mixture is smooth