This quick and easy dinner can be a great way to use up various veggies you might have lying around. Serve it over rice and add protein like tofu or tempeh!
A delicious alternative to your typical grilled meats! Portobello burgers are an excellent substitute for a normal cheeseburger and are much healthier and cheaper! Best prepared on a grill, but can also be cooked in a frying pan on the stove.
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps (whole)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 4 Whole wheat burger rolls
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (sliced)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- Red onion (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Burger condiments (optional)
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a papertowel. In a large plastic ziplock or a large mixing bowl, mix vinegar, oil, garlic, salt & pepper . Add mushrooms and let soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place mushroom caps on grill, smooth side up and grill until browned (5-8 minutes)
- Flip mushrooms over and grill for another 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Just before mushrooms are finished, add cheese slices to the mushrooms and grill until melted.
- Place on a roll (toasted if desired) and top with sliced tomato, red onion, lettuce, avocado and other condiments as desired!
- Try using other cheeses such as blue cheese or goat cheese.
- Grill the mushrooms in the same fashion and use as a topper on pasta.
This is an incredibly quick and easy side dish to make that goes well with any grilled dinner!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Trim the firm white ends off the asparagus using scissors or a knife
- Lay on a plate and coat with the oil. Season with salt & pepper
- Heat grill to high heat
- Grill until tender (approx. 3-5 minutes)
This quick to cook egg breakfast is simple to make, requires few ingredients, and will help fuel your day. The avocado is loaded with fiber and the sprouts add a nice crunch! Plus, who doesn’t love eating green foods? Like it spicy? Add hot sauce for some extra flavor!
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 of an avocado, cubed
- 1 small handful of sprouts
- Melt butter in a frying pan
- Crack egg in frying pan and scramble
- Once firm, lay slices of cheese on top and cook over low heat until cheese is melted
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl and top with avocado and sprouts
For added fiber and to give your day an extra boost, serve with a Berry Smoothie!